Dark Passages Larp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Passages Larp

Forum for discussing the Atlanta GA based LARP Dark Passages

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ScaryMuffin
Admin
ScaryMuffin

The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat Empty
PostSubject: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 pm

So, the plot staff is very excited about how much the players like the chat and like using it, but there has to be a few rules laid down in order to help contain chaos. We want to keep the chat and make it available, but please follow the basic rules for it that we have decided on so as to allow it to be something that adds to our game and not take away from it.

The chat can be accessed through www.darkmyst.org

Your nickname should be your character name

We are on channel #Skyfall

The OOP channel is #DarkPassagesOOP

RULES:

1) The chat can only be open if there is at least one plot member present to moderate the chat and to record the things that go on.

2) No magic or any times per day abilities may be used in the chat.

3) The chat will only be opened 2 - 3 times per week and only for short periods of time. Since I (Ren) will be the main person that will be moderating this, I will be deciding on when this will happen. I am more than open to suggestions from players as to when this will be depending on their availability and such, however I will not be opening the chat on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights.

4) No plot will be given during the chat because that should be something that any and all players should have access to and is reserved for games only.

5) The purpose of the chat is for light role play only.

6) This is meant to be something fun for players between games, if at any time the chat starts to interfere with the game or become too much for the plot staff to be able to moderate, we reserve the right to shut it down.

7) The chat is for IN PLAY CHARACTERS and NPC's ONLY! If your character has not been through it's newbie module at a game then that character cannot be in the chat. This is mainly being done because your character needs to meet the other characters in game and not in a chat room not to mention that your character is not with the main party until this happens. We need to keep this as close to the game as possible. It takes away from the game for everyone.

Please respect and follow these rules so that we can keep this as something that we can continue to offer to our players!

Thanks!

Ren and Staff

Last edited by ScaryMuffin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sean Patrick Fannon

Sean Patrick Fannon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Perhaps we could establish an OOC chat room protocol as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilbeaglegames.com
ScaryMuffin
Admin
ScaryMuffin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 am

absolutley. I will make one the next time that I open the chat up
Back to top Go down
ScaryMuffin
Admin
ScaryMuffin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 pm

OOC chat has been established.
Back to top Go down
MalaCat

MalaCat

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Will the chat logs be available for nosy people?
Back to top Go down
ScaryMuffin
Admin
ScaryMuffin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 am

Chat logs are only being made available for plot, for their use to better the game. It's just like when we are at an event, if you didn't witness it then you don't get to know exactly what happened. You can hear from others and ask if your character is curious.
Back to top Go down
Sean Patrick Fannon

Sean Patrick Fannon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 am

1) Since Rick and Ferr asked me to become a Marshall (able to adjudicate situations when Plot folks aren't around), is there an interest in me being able to "officiate" for these purposes?

2) If so, someone will need to show me how to start and recover a chat log.

I am good either way, just thought I would ask.

~SPF
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilbeaglegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat   The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat, and The Rules of The Chat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Passages Larp :: Out Of Play Discussions :: General Information-
Jump to: